SYE Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit - NP231 / NP242
Iron Rock Offroad Slip Yoke Elimator kit
Will work with NP231 OR NP242 transfer cases (See below for more info)
96+ Jeep Cherokee XJ
96+ Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
Iron Rock Off Road has the perfect solution for you: our hack-n-tap slip yoke eliminator kit for your Jeep. We have put together a budget friendly solution to your driveline vibrations. With this kit, we provide a NEW rear driveshaft, next we provide a new yoke for your transfer case, mounting hardware, and step by step installation instructions. Installation takes only 1-2 hours and does not require opening your transfer case.
This kit fits any XJ Cherokee transfer case and ZJ Grand Cherokee with a 242 OR 249 transfer case!!
Why do you need this kit?
- Cures driveline vibration caused by lifting a Cherokee 4 1/2" or more.
- Allows you to remove your transfer case drop, gaining you 1" of ground clearance or more, right under the belly of the beast where you need it most! This also moves your transfer case further away from the rocks and allows you to raise your t-case skid plate (if equipped).
- Great for running a lower lift heights to avoid dropping your transfer case.
- Wow it's so inexpensive!
- Great for tall lift kits where a transfer case drop just isn't enough.
- Installation is easy compared to kits that include a new output shaft. It just plain works great!
- 1310 CV transfer case yoke
- Installation hardware
- Optional New double cardan CV driveshaft.
- All 96 and newer XJ Jeep Cherokee's and 95 and older XJ's when using the seal flange (sold separately as an option above)
*231 transfer cases with the 3 hole mounting seal housing will need the seal flange sold as an option above. This is typically found on older 231 cases (generally pre-1996). If you are not sure, please look at the back of your transfer case before ordering. If you are still unsure after looking, please call us.
- ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokee 242 transfer cases
Verify your 242 case has the 27 spline output shaft. These applications will require a custom length driveshaft. Please call us for details.
- ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokee 247/249 transfer cases
These applications use a case hardened output shaft in the transfer case. This can make it difficult to drill and tap successfully without the proper equipment. A custom length driveshaft will be required for this application as well.
- Cutting, drilling, and tapping required. 3/8-16 hand tap, 1/4" and 5/16" drill bits required. The transfer case output shaft is case hardened, so be sure to cut off the entire pilot hole (or you will need a carbide drill bit).
- WHAT DRIVESHAFT TO USE: This kit is designed to use a factory front Jeep Cherokee driveshaft. A factory XJ front shaft can be found at your local salvage yard for only $15-45! If you don't have a local salvage/junk/U-pull-it yard, another great resource is www.car-part.com. Iron Rock Off Road also sells this kit with the option of adding a brand new custom heavy duty driveshaft. This option can be found in the drop down list at the top of this product page.
- XJ's with over 6.5" lift may require a custom driveshaft. To be certain, you must measure per the instructions. If you are not sure if this will work on your Jeep, please measure per the instructions before ordering.
Manufacturer Part No: