Fits: 84-01 Cherokee XJ
Adjustable Cross-Over Shock Mount
The Adjustable Cross-Over Shock Mount reconfigures the rear shock mounting points for much greater control over shock selection,
performance and ride quality. It provides Cherokee XJ owners with four upper shock mounting locations as opposed to the single location supplied by the factory. The improved mounting flexibility makes it possible to optimize shock performance and suspension travel for each unique application.
By relocating the upper mounting points toward the vehicle's center, the shock absorbers are positioned at an angle instead of vertically. A shock absorber mounted at an angle produces a cantilever effect that results in greater compression and extension when measured at the wheels. The reclined shock position also provides a mechanical advantage which improves ride comfort
on shocks that would otherwise be too firm if installed in the
With the Adjustable Cross-Over Shock Mount installed,
the inferior factory bar pin is replaced with a heavy
duty stud and washers. This allows proper preloading
of the upper bushing, thus improving longevity and
reducing noise. Access to the upper shock mounts is
also improved, making adjustments quick and convenient. The lower shock mounts remain positioned fore and aft of the axle to prevent spring wrap. When combined with our optional Rear Axle Shock Mounts, the lower mounting points are raised 3" allowing greater suspension travel with the existing shock absorbers.
- Four rear mounting configurations enable optimization of shock performance and suspension travel for each application.
- Angled shock position produces a cantilever effect for greater suspension travel, while mechanical advantage improves ride quality with firm valved shocks.
- Increased suspension travel achieved with existing shock absorbers if Rear Axle Shock Mount is installed at same time.
- Heavy duty shock mounting studs eliminate factory bar pin design for improved bushing longevity and reduced noise.
- New mounting location increases selection of compatible shock absorbers and improves access for painless adjustments.
Manufacturer Part No: