ProtoFab REAR RockSolid bumper WITH the optional tire carrier for All '84>'01 Jeep Cherokees (XJs).
ProtoFab manufacturers this bumper out of the highest-quality materials. This thing is rock-bashable and hard KOR! These bumpers allow for the best approach and departure angles currently available in ANY aftermarket Grand Cherokee bumper.
When deciding on a rear bumper with tire carrier, please look at some of these unforeseen factors:
- Does the tire carrier hold the tire in a way to reduce blind spots and maximize visibility out the rear?
- How is the tire carrier mounted? Can it withstand a washboard road with a 35" tire mounted?
- What sort of hinge is used? What happens if they wear out?
This bumper mounts the tire on the drivers side in the natural blind spot allowing maximum visability. A cam-latch system is used to hold the tire in place which has constant pressure to avoid rattles. The hinges used for the tire carrier are twin 3/4" heim joints rated at 12,000lbs each (24,000 lbs total) and are totally replaceable if they wear out! This tire carrier is so strong you can lift the back half of the jeep off the ground with a forklift!!!!!
It comes unpainted and non-powder coated, so it's easier to color match to your vehicle. All hardware to mount the bumper is included. Typically Krylon paint works well and is really easy to touch-up.
These bumpers are custom built for you and leadtimes will vary. Email or call 888-639-5180 for the latest estimates on leadtimes.
- Specifics -
- Made in the U.S.A
- Bumper is unpainted, so it will arrive as bare metal
- Mounting hardware is included
- Lighter then most solid bumpers
- Comes with a built in receiver/hitch mount
- Reduces blind spots
- Cam-latch system with twin 3/4" heim joints to support the tire
- Shipping Notes -
Since this bumper is very wide and somewhat heavy, it will be shipped by truck freight.
The parts are insured for full value when shipped, so there is nothing to worry about.
- Notes -
Once you purchase the bumper, you will be contacted about the shipping costs. Typically, once the shipping costs come back from the freight company a paypal invoice is sent out.
Manufacturer Part No: